Monday, April 6, 2009

Moving and Shaking

First Steps

My next step on my planning wall is to get my Non-Profit paperwork filed. I am still on track to to that. However, I need to set aside time to meet with both the lawyer and the accountant. This hasn't been completed yet not due to my laziness its just that I really don't have anytime to meet with anyone for anything outside of school/class work. I have a practical exam at the end of the week, which I just found out about today and an exam to study for next week. On top of that, I'm having issues coordinating with the catering company about the food for the pre-pharmacy club banquet this Thursday. I'm not too worried though, I've surrounded my self by motivated individuals who excel at making things happen under pressure. So everything should work out as planned. 

Reflecting on Fear

Right now my main resistance is school. Not the actual institution, but the fact that I wreck my brain and cut off quality time with friends and family and still don't get the grades I feel I deserve. Since so many aspects of my future life are predicated on one having not good, but outstanding grades I do feel like I'll never be able to achieve my goal. I think Barbara Sher refers to this as survival fear. Much of the time I feel like throwing in the towel, but I always find sources of motivation to keep me going. I think the underlying message is that I realize that success does not come without a little hard work and a little bit of struggle. I know this is true because I had to struggle to get to the level that I'm at now, and I know there is going to be more headache and heartache on my path to success. The crazy thing is that I welcome it. I'm always up for a good challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. "I realize that success does not come without a little hard work and a little bit of struggle." This is so very true

    I enjoy reading your blogs always!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete