Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Work The Plan

I did not attend class this week, therefore I did not get a chance to write my steps for the next week down. However, if I did have the opportunity to fill out a card, I would have planned to collect gift certificates from the neighborhood businesses to raffle of at the Veteran's Student Association and the Student Veterans of America fundraiser this past Saturday. We collected over $800 in gift certificates for our event and we successfully raffled them off along with other prizes.

 The weekly business meeting went well. My buddy/business partner/president met with the other officers, Saturday afternoon to discuss how we were going to set up and run the event. We also discussed the breakdown of responsibilities/ duties for the evening. Needless to say, the event went well. The food and drinks were good, the bands were good, the prizes and raffles helped us raise a lot of money for our organization. I think people went home satisfied. Our next meeting was set for tonight, but we had to re-schedule until Thursday. 

My Sunday night planning meeting went well. I normally sit down either Sunday night or Monday morning and write down on a sheet of paper all of the things I need to do and/or want to do for the week. This week, my list was around 15 items  long. With things like, get a new I-card, get oil change, and study for biology and chemistry at the top of the list. I'm sure I won't get to everything on my list, but I always attempt to tackle the things that have the highest priority first. 

I forgot to blog about my plan for last week which was to get my haircut. I got my haircut for the end of the year pre-pharmacy club banquet and the award ceremony I attended for the Chancellor's Community Service and Leadership Award. My barber did a fantastic job. He had me looking good and feeling even better because of my much needed haircut. 

Thanks for reading. Until next week!

1 comment:

  1. cool that you put last's week plan up lol. Always great to read you're blog entry. see ya in class

    Ben

    ReplyDelete