Monday, April 13, 2009

The Buddy System

I have finally finished up my exams. I can breathe easy for a little while, but I'm still stressed out to see how good (or bad) I've done. My next step on my planning wall is to get my meetings set up with the lawyer and accountant for filing paper work. However, I have not coordinated with my buddy/ future business partner to set all of this up (seeing how he just finished his exams tonight as well). I was supposed to meet up with him tonight for a little post exam stress relief and to possibly discuss our future plans, but I didn't feel like getting all crazy so I decided to come back home. 

The cool thing about this weeks blog is that I have had a buddy system in place since the beginning of last semester. We normally meet a few times a week to either study, socialize and/or talk about our future business plans. Ironically enough, when we met Thursday to study chemistry, I expressed to him what one of the panel speakers (from Wednesday's class) had suggested about opening a NPO. I told him that instead of jumping into opening up our NPO blindly, to say the least, we should try to join up wit another NPO who is doing something similar to what we plan on doing in our own NPO. To my surprise, he had already set this up and was waiting to tell me about it. He got us a volunteering opportunity with an NPO that sponsors an event called Rockin' for the Troops (I think this is the name of the event, if not it's something similar to this). Regardless, we will be working with the director of the organization to get ideas of how to throw our own events in the future. The great thing about that is that the woman who runs the NPO is interested in our goal/mission statement for our NPO and says she is more than excited to help us out in our future endeavors. So after we celebrated about this for a few minutes (yes, we celebrated) we sat down studied and talked about our plans for tackling today's chemistry exam. In between this and studying we decided to through a fundraiser. The date is 04/18/09. For $20 free food and free drinks from 9pm- 12pm. ( Let me know if you're interested) I wish we would have talked more about the chem!  I guess when we meet we can discuss how and when we are going to set up our appointments. 

Needless to say, I am an advocate of the buddy system. It gives me an opportunity to compare notes thoughts, and ideas about anything and everything; no matter how good or bad, or crazy or outlandish they are. 


1 comment:

  1. That's what's up James! buddy system is very effective!

    ReplyDelete